Free LGV / HGV driver training for candidates registered onto the scheme.
Are you eligible for LGV / HGV Driver Apprenticeships?
- You need to be employed by a company which owns or use a lorry
- You must not be on any other government funded programme
- You must have resided in the UK for the last 3 years
What does the LGV / HGV Driver Apprenticeship include?
- Introductory visit confirming eligibility and registration
- LGV medical
- Functional Skills in numeracy and literacy
- Training and/or support for all theory and practical tests.
- Master Classes at our training centre on the introduction to the logistics industry including tachograph hours, rules and regulations, health & safety,vehicle maintenance, load and self security.
- Regular reviews to monitor progress
- End Point Assessments confirming your knowledge and practical skills gained during the Apprenticeship
What benefit is it to me and my employer?
Not only do you gain your LGV (HGV) licence and obtain an apprenticeship you will learn about:
- The Logistics industry;
- Vehicle maintenance incorporating vehicle braking systems;
- Loading, unloading, security, vehicle and axle weight and dimensions;
- Drivers hours, digital and analogue tachograph rules and regulations;
- Route planning and awareness of driving conditions
- Confirmation of your rights and responsibilities at work
- Contact trans plant mastertrain on 01392 42 62 42.
- For further information then please visit highfied qualifications.com
On programme duration is a minimum of 12 months
Facts about Apprenticeships
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% say that Apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity
- 80% feel that Apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
- 83% of employers rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- 88% report that training apprentices is more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff, with 59% believing that apprentices lead to overall training costs and 53% feeling that they reduce recruitment costs
- One in five employers are hiring apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate
For information, advice and guidance please contact Tony Torsiello on 01392 42 62 42, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into our office at the Matford Centre, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8FD for a warm welcome. The kettle is always on. Alternatively we can visit you and your employer at work.
LGV / HGV Driver Apprenticeships Booking and Information
To book your training or for more information about LGV / HGV Driver Apprenticeships please get in touch using the details below or visit our Contact Page.