Driver CPC on line during Covid 19
We are pleased to confirm that we have developed and obtained approval to carry out Driver CPC during Covid 19 on-line. To support critical workers and our customers we have dramatically reduced our rate to £40.00. This fee is inclusive of VAT and the £8.75 JAUPT download fee. To book a course or for further information please contact Joe on 01392 426242, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will require internet access, a mobile phone or IT equipment (i.e. laptop, computer, tablet) which has a web camera and speakers. We will also need one of the following: photo card driving licence or passport or current digi tacho card or existing DQC.
Booking is simple, just call Joe, confirm the date(s) of attendance required and we can take card payment over the phone. Our opening hours are 9am till 4pm Monday-Friday.
PLEASE STAY SAFE!
What is Driver CPC?
The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) is a qualification that Lorry drivers (LGV/HGV) need to hold in addition to their driving licence if they are working for hire or reward.
Existing LGV / HGV licence holders will be required to undertake 35 hours of Periodic Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) training in every 5 years.
All new LGV drivers will need to undertake Driver CPC before they can drive vocationally.
Drivers who passed their B licence (car) before January 1997 can choose to undertake Periodic CPC or Initial CPC.
Drivers who passed their B licence (car) after January 1997 do not have the choice, they must undertake Initial Driver CPC.
Booking and Information
To book your training or for more information please get in touch using the details below.
Driver CPC is classroom based and is broken down into 7 hour modules relating to all aspects of Lorry Driving. This attendance training ( no test) is carried out at our training centre or at customers premises. We understand it is a legal compliance to attend and have made sure that the course is comfortable, enjoyable and as interesting as possible. We also spoil you with a free truckers bacon bap. Courses are run every month at extremely competitive rates.
Our seven hours JAUPT approved courses are:
- Driver Responsibilities (Monday)
- Driver’s hours and Working Time Directive (Tuesday)
- Manual Handling and AED (Wednesday)
- Safe Loading of Vehicles (Thursday)
- Dangerous Goods Awareness (ADR) (Friday)
- Transporting Dangerous Goods 1,2 & 3
- Eco Safe Driving
Also you can attend our ADR (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) training course which can qualify for 21hrs of your Driver CPC.
Why choose us for Driver CPC ?
- Exceptional value for money
- Experienced tutors providing a relaxed, friendly, informative and enjoyable courses
- Courses carried out six days a week
- Ample free parking at our centre, refreshments provided during the day and a truckers bacon bap each morning.
- Registration with the awarding body (JAUPT) within 48 hours of attendance and a certificate of attendance
- For over 25 years we have been providing training to the Logistics Industry, listened to your feedback and adapted the course contents and environment that suits you.
- A comfortable air conditioned classroom
- Free advice and guidance
To check what you have achieved so far you can visit https:www.gov.uk/check-your-driver-cpc-periodic-training-hours
Initial Driver CPC
Initial CPC is made up of 2 elements, a theory test and a practical test (much like the LGV licence).
The Driver CPC Case Study Test (MODULE 2)
This will test your knowledge by presenting a series of practical scenarios that you may meet in your work and then asks questions to test your understanding. The case study testing method is described in section four of the Official DSA Guide to Driver CPC (ISBN 978-0-11-553001-2)
The Driver CPC Practical Demonstration Test (MODULE 4)
This will test your knowledge of your vehicle and how it should be operated safely and efficiently. The test will be conducted using the vehicle you present for the test. You will be asked questions in order to demonstrate to the examiner:
- What must be done before the vehicle leaves the depot to make sure that the journey is safe
- That your driving complies with all the relevant regulations
- That your driving is carried out in an eco-efficient and environmentally-aware way. The Practical Demonstration test is in section five of the official DSA guide to Driver CPC.
Driver CPC Training Booking and Information
To book your training or for more information about Driver CPC Training please get in touch using the details below or visit our Contact Page.